Everybody loves candied nuts! These things are so addictive. Only problem is that they’re full of sugar! This recipe takes ditches the sweet stuff for a sugar-free alternative making this recipe redux for Cinnamon Toasted Almonds A-Ok in my book! Serve these babies at your next party or bag ’em up for a cute party gift or favor. They will be a hit for sure!Check out the little baggies I printed up for these babies. I brought them to game-night at a friend’s house. Last time I brought these nuts over, they loved them. So I thought it’d be a great healthy snack and I’d get a laugh out of the name!
Sugar-Free Cinnamon Toasted Almonds
A tasty recipe redux you won't want to miss!
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1/4 cup Splenda or 2-3 tablespoons Stevia
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg white lightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the splenda, cinnamon and salt with a fork.
- Add the almonds to a large bowl. Pour the egg white over the almonds and using a rubber spatula, stir to coat evenly.
- Add the powdered ingredients to the egg white coated almonds and stir with a fork to coat the almonds well.
- Spread the almonds out onto the lined baking sheet. Make sure the almonds are in one layer to ensure even cooking.
- Bake in the oven for 4 minutes. Take them out and stir on the sheet. Bake for another 4 minutes. Stir again once more and then cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Allow almonds to cool before storing in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks. Note: almonds will brown and dry as they cool.
Copyright 2014 Nutrition by Shoshana
Note: all original posts from April 2013 through March 2014 were accidentally deleted. This is a repost.