After surfing the web for barbeque chicken recipes for the slow cooker and not finding anything that didn’t call for bottled barbeque sauce, I decided to create my own.
This recipe is super simple. Mix all ingredients in the crock pot itself. Add your chicken breasts and try to keep them as one layer. Cook for 6-8 hours or until your chicken falls apart easily. Shred with 2 forks and drizzle with leftover sauce.
For my first attempt at chicken in the crock pot I give myself an A+! Crock Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken was juicy and tender and definitely tasted like barbeque. I left out the cayenne pepper because my fiance is not a fan of spicy food, but next time I think I’ll throw it in for a bit of a kick. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Truvia/Sugar blend
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- Add all ingredients to the crock pot. Stir well.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the pan aligning them in one layer. Cover the crock pot and set on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- After 4 hours have passed, flip the chicken over but be sure they remain as one single layer.
- The chicken is done cooking if it pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Put all cooked chicken in to a bowl. With two forks pull apart the chicken. Top with sauce that it was cooked in.
Copyright 2014 Nutrition by Shoshana
No comments yet