The only thing I regret about this recipe is the fact that I completely failed at taking attractive photos of it. Steak is a favorite in my house and when this sucker came out of the crock pot, Rich and I couldn’t wait to get our hands on it. So much so that we ate most of it before I realized I hadn’t yet taken any photos for my blog!
I ended up taking photos of what was left on the cutting board. I think it demonstrates how tender the meat was. (wishful thinking?)
Attractive photo or not, this recipe is a fail-proof crowd pleaser that melts in your mouth. It’s smoking without the smoker! All you need is a crock pot, a few simple ingredients and time to let it cook. Low and slow is the way to go! lol
Crock Pot Smoked Flank Steak
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 lbs grass fed Flank Steak (or smaller if you have a smaller crock pot)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Pour olive oil into heated pan on stove top. Sear meat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place all ingredients (excluding meat) in Crock Pot and stir well.
- Settle seared meat into the mixture in the Crock Pot making sure your steak is well immersed in the sauce.
- Set Crock Pot on low heat and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Remove and slice against the grain.
I set my crock pot for 7 hours based on when I thought I'd be home from the gym. I believe I ended up taking out the flank steak after about 6.5 hours of cooking. It was cooked perfectly. I also used two 1 lb steaks instead of 1 large filet.
Copyright 2014 Nutrition by Shoshana