Tacos aren’t just for Tuesdays! Especially with this ooey gooey healthy recipe for Skinny Taco Pie. Not only will it not wreck your weight loss efforts, but it also won’t eat in to your well-deserved down time. Think cross between enchiladas and tacos – this warm and delicious recipe combines lean ground beef, melty cheese, and creamy refried beans. Now you can replace Taco Tuesday with Taco Pie Tuesday – woohoo!!
- Use a spring-form pan that fits inside of your instant pot (7 or 8 inches). That way you can easily peel away the outer portion of the pan, then slice and serve your taco pie beautifully.
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot – that’s ok too! Simply pop your Taco Pie in the oven instead at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- If you don’t have a springform pan you can use a stainless steel steamer dish (as I used above) or any other dish that fits inside of your instant pot. It will just be more challenging to cut and serve your taco pie.
Skinny Instant Pot Taco Pie
- 4-6 low calorie whole grain tortillas
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 12 ounces low-fat shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1/2 – 3/4 can fat-free refried beans
- 1 package low sodium taco seasoning
- Your favorite taco toppings like shredded lettuce, diced tomato, salsa, hot sauce, pico de gallo, guacamole, low fat or fat-free sour cream, etc.
- Sauté the beef in a medium skillet according to the taco seasoning packet.
- Lay 1 tortilla into the bottom of your pan. Spread refried beans over the tortilla. Then layer the beef and cheese on top.
- Repeat layers until you have used all of the ingredients.
- Finish with a top layer of tortilla and shredded cheese. Cover the pie with tin foil so that water doesn’t get inside.
- Place your trivet in the bottom of your pressure cooker and add 1-cup water. Place your taco pie in the pressure cooker. Cover and seal your pot.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes and quick release.
- Allow to cool and serve with your favorite toppings.
Copyright 2014 Nutrition by Shoshana
No comments yet