Who doesn’t love a warm slice of zucchini bread fresh from the oven?! Only problem is most versions are packed with too many calories, sugar and fat. My skinny version swaps white flour for Kodiak Cakes Pancake flour and cuts the sugar in half! You’ll never believe this recipe is super moist and only 132 calories per slice.
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 cups all purpose whole wheat flour, or Kodiak cakes pancake mix
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease two 8-x-4-inch loaf pans
- Grate the zucchini. Line a bowl with paper towel or a kitchen towel, allow zucchini to set in the towels; squeeze out excess liquid.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices in a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients and the sugar.
- Add the zucchini and nuts to the flour mixture. Pour the liquid mixture over the top. Gently stir to combine until flour is no longer visible. Divide the batter between the two loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the loaves to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then turn them out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Loaves will keep in an airtight container for several days. They can be wrapped in foil and frozen for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge overnight or in a warm oven for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving): calories 132, total fats 8 g, saturated fat 1 g, trans fat 0 g, cholesterol 12 mg, protein 4 g, sodium 120 mg, total carbohydrate 12 g, fiber 1 g, sugar 6 g
Copyright 2014 Nutrition by Shoshana
No comments yet